Interview with Dianna Smiley, Alex Martin Dean and Regina Williams on Generation Her, Being a Teen Mom and Creating a Village to Raise a Child
Show Title: Interview with Dianna Smiley, Alex Martin Dean and Regina Williams on Generation Her, Being a Teen Mom and Creating a Village to Raise a Child
Description: This week on “Rebel Hearts”: Kristie talks with the team of “Generation Her”- Dianna Smiley, founder and executive director, Alex Martin Dean, ambassador and chair woman (and daughter of Whoopi Goldberg), and Regina Williams, producer of the “Celebrate Her Gala”.
“Generation Her” is a non-profit organization in Souther California that was started seven years ago. The organization serves teen moms ages 13-23 with life skills, mentors, support groups, free baby items, help to complete their education and hope for the future of their dreams.
Dianna, Regina and Alex share what inspired their journey with “Generation Her”. In this interview, we also talk about the struggles that teen mothers experience, such as the challenge to complete their education, and how “Generation Her” seeks to empower these women though their weekly programs.
It takes a village to raise a child, and “Generation Her” helps create that village by connecting teen mothers to open up a dialogue with one another as well as with adult mentors in order to be able to find the support, strength and solutions they need. We are hearing stories of empowerment and how the organization has had a positive impact on the life of so many women.
We can change communities, one person and one child at a time!
Release Date: July 12, 2017
Tags According to AlexAlex Martin Deanauthentic selfauthenticitybe the changebelievebelieve in yourselfchange makerschange the worldcreativityDianna Smileydoing things differentlydreamersempowermentfind your callingfollow your blissfollow your dreamsfollow your heartGeneration HerGiftsheart wisdomindigosinnovatorsinspirationit takes a village to raise a childlive your dreamslive your truthmissionparadigm shifterspioneerspodcastpurposerainbow warriorsrebel at heartrebel heartsrebel onrebel-heart-with-kristie-reevesrebelsRegina Williamssoul wisdomsupport for teen momsteen motherstrailblazersvisionarieswe are the ones we've been waiting for
- Previous Interview with Diana Cooper on Atlantis, Raising our Frequencies and the Transition into the New Golden Age
- Next Interview with Ruediger Dahlke, MD on Psychosomatic Medicine, Veganism and Illness as a Tool for Transformation
You may also like...
- Tracy McKnight and Jose Luis Montesinos on Reel Hollywood Live September 29, 2015
- Ted Neeley and Josh Isaacson on Reel Hollywood Live September 22, 2015
- Wesley Strick and Alex Bram on Reel Hollywood Live September 15, 2015
- Nathalie Soderqvist and Maggie Wagner on Reel Hollywood Live September 8, 2015
- Simon Kilmurry and Katharine Kramer on Reel Hollywood Live September 1, 2015